Andrew McCollough is the Libertarian candidate for Governor. His opponents are Farley Anderson (U), Peter Corroon (D), Gary Herbert (R)(incumbent).
Andrew’s website is www.andy4gov.org, his Facebook page can be found by clicking here, and no Twitter account was provided at the time of publication. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are Andrew’s answers to my absurd questions:
2) What does your family look like (married; kids; pets)? I’m single. I have an electric cat which purrs but does not eat.
3) What do you drive? What is your dream vehicle? I drive a 2002 Ford Mustang. I’m a Ford stockholder, and was sad when the company sold Jaguar, which was my dream vehicle.
4) What was the last book you finished? “Three Cups of Tea” by Greg Mortensen, about building schools in Pakistan. I’m reading a couple of light novels now.
5) What is your favorite store and/or restaurant in your district?Store – Probably the grocery store in Lehi which makes sure I eat. Restaurant — Not sure, but maybe Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill — I like Italian.
6) Turn your head to the right, what do you see? Big window, and outside trees and mountains; it is a beautiful day.
7) In 25 words or less, explain why you are a Libertarian. I don’t believe the government has the right to run our personal lives; and I do not support a government that regulates lifestyle choices.
8) Who would win if a bear and a shark fought each other (feel free to explain)? Not enough information. How deep is the water? What kind of bear or shark?
9) In 50 words or less, explain why you want to be a public servant. My law practice is built on working for social change — to allow people more freedom to live as they please. I want to work for a small, more benign, government where the fear of government is not a part of life.
10) What was the last cultural event you went to? Have season tickets to the University of Utah theatre, so most likely their last play (42nd St.). Next week, Broadway in New York.
11) What are the three things you plan to fight for when elected? Smaller government, more freedom, lower taxes.
12) Do you know what OMGWTFBBQ stands for? I can guess, but it makes little sense.
13) What is the most important amendment in the Bill of Rights? Several are very important. My law practice concentrates on First Amendment issues, so I have to pick that.
14) What is your favorite band?The Playing for Change Band, which is an internet, “pick-up” band which gets together for periods of time, with changing membership. They are there for a cause, and their music is very moving.
15) If you could change one thing about your district, what would it be? A little more understanding for those who do not march to the beat of the same drummer.
To see other responses in the Meet the Candidates series, click here.
*Disclaimer – The opinions expressed in candidate responses are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Blue in Red Zion or its author. Every candidate with a working email address has received these same questions and are welcome to respond. If you are a candidate and did not receive these questions, please email email@example.com in order to provide your own answers. The publication of a candidate’s questions should in no way be interpreted as an endorsement of said candidate.
Please note that readers are welcome to use the comment section to express their own opinion. As per the disclaimer on the right, comments will only be deleted if they can be widely viewed as offensive or not germane – though the final decision will be made by the administrator.