Carl Wimmer is running as the Republican candidate for House District 52. His opponents are Shaun Kruger (L) and Chad Reyes (U). Carl is the incumbent.
Here are Carl’s answers to my absurd questions:
1) How long have you lived in your district and what made you move there in the first place? I moved to Herriman in 2000. At the time there was no one out here. There was me, a coyote and open land. Now there are 20,000 people in Herriman. 19,990 are California transplants, and they are great! We moved here because it was still like being in the country. Ya, that lasted about three months.
2) What does your family look like (married; kids; pets)? Happily married most the time (just kidding) I have three amazing kids. Jade who is named after a little girl who I taught DARE too when I was a cop. The little girl was fighting cancer and was the bravest kid I have ever seen. Heston who is named after former NRA president Charlton Heston (I gave my wife a choice either “Charlton” or “Heston” You see what she chose. My youngest son is Reagan…That name was totally random…(ya right)
3) What do you drive? What is your dream vehicle?I “drive” liberals crazy. My dream vehicle is a non-government owned, American made car. Do they have those any more?
4) What was the last book you finished? I am about to finish (writing) my own book “The Refounding of America” Watch for it soon! The last book I read was one by Ayn Rand.
5) What is your favorite store and/or restaurant in your district? My favorite store is Home Depot. The problem is that I am a horrible fixer of things, so I really feel inadequate, I have no idea how to use 99% of what is in there. My favorite restaurant in my district is Wingers. It is where I held a ton of cottage meetings when I was first running for office, I love their shirt that says “Right wing, left wing, we don’t care. We serve all politicians.”
6) Turn your head to the right, what do you see? No one. There is no one to the “right’ of me… No wait, who is that over there? er, oh, it’s Rep. Mike Morley…
7) In 25 words or less, explain why you are a Republican. Because the Whigs are not around any more.
8) Who would win if a bear and a shark fought each other (feel free to explain)? Me. I love a good fight, bring’em both on…Although I was watching Shark week…YOWZA I’d sure hate to be bitten by one. We watched the episode “When sharks attack in knee high water” right before my family and I went to the beach two weeks ago. I kept the big guy on the surf board between me and the open ocean…
9) In 50 words or less, explain why you want to be a public servant. I love being called a “right wing nut.” No in all seriousness, I love to serve, and I love people in general . This has been a great honor for me to be able to serve the people of District 52.
10) What was the last cultural event you went to? The Monster truck rally at the E-center.
11) What are the three things you plan to fight for when elected? I plan to fight for economic sanity and for state sovereignty. Most importantly I plan to fight Democrat Jennifer Seelig the next time she yells “DAMN IT WIMMY!”
12) Do you know what OMGWTFBBQ stands for? LOL IDK can you tell me? I have to ask my BFF Jen? Jen said MYOB.
13) What is the most important amendment in the Bill of Rights? The first ten. We need to eliminate the 16th.
14) What is your favorite band? Casting Crowns. They are a fantastic Christian group.
15) If you could change one thing about your district, what would it be? I would transplant the guy running against me out of it. :-)
To see other responses in the Meet the Candidates series, click here.
*Disclaimer – The opinions expressed in candidate responses are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Blue in Red Zion or its author. Every candidate with a working email address has received these same questions and are welcome to respond. If you are a candidate and did not receive these questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to provide your own answers. The publication of a candidate’s questions should in no way be interpreted as an endorsement of said candidate.
Please note that readers are welcome to use the comment section to express their own opinion. As per the disclaimer on the right, comments will only be deleted if they can be widely viewed as offensive or not germane – though the final decision will be made by the administrator.