Morgan Philpot is the Republican candidate for U.S. House District 2. His opponents are Dave Glissmeyer (U), Wayne HIll (U), Randall Hinton (C), and Jim Matheson (D)(incumbent).
Here are Morgan’s answers to my absurd questions:
2) What does your family look like (married; kids; pets)? I am married to my wife Natalie and we have five children, one leopard gecko, and two fish.
3) What do you drive? A Honda Accord. What is your dream vehicle? The Millennium Falcon.
4) What was the last book you finished? The Hunger Games.
5) What is your favorite store and/or restaurant in your district? Favorite restaurant is Tucano’s, the whole family loves it.
6) Turn your head to the right, what do you see? Lake Powell.
7) In 25 words or less, explain why you are a Republican. Because of my time as an intern in the Clinton White House, and abortion.
8) Who would win if a bear and a shark fought each other (feel free to explain)? It depends on which one has his conceal and carry permit.
9) In 50 words or less, explain why you want to be a public servant. For my wife, my children, for peace, prosperity, and because it’s the right thing to do.
10) What was the last cultural event you went to? The Altamont Longhorn Days celebration.
11) What are the three things you plan to fight for when elected? A limited federal government, a balanced budget, and more local and state control of public lands.
12) Do you know what OMGWTFBBQ stands for? That is totally incoherent.
13) What is the most important amendment in the Bill of Rights? The First.
14) What is your favorite band? Creedence Clearwater Revival.
15) If you could change one thing about your district, what would it be? It’s Congressman ;)
To see other responses in the Meet the Candidates series, click here.
*Disclaimer – The opinions expressed in candidate responses are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Blue in Red Zion or its author. Every candidate with a working email address has received these same questions and are welcome to respond. If you are a candidate and did not receive these questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to provide your own answers. The publication of a candidate’s questions should in no way be interpreted as an endorsement of said candidate.
Please note that readers are welcome to use the comment section to express their own opinion. As per the disclaimer on the right, comments will only be deleted if they can be widely viewed as offensive or not germane – though the final decision will be made by the administrator.